Do you need to change your filters? Powers can help. We offer a variety of specialty and standard filter sizes for sale. Our technicians can replace your filters during a maintenance evaluation or you may stop by our office to purchase the filter you need. If for some reason we don’t have your filter, typically we can order it.
Things to Know
- Size Matters– Filter sizes are advertised in nominal sizes, but there can be 10 filters in that nominal size and only one that will fit your system. Either measure the filter or look for a model number, filter number or item number.
- For example a filter that is 16” x 25” x 5” can actually measure 15 ¾” x 24 ½” x 4 ¾”.
- Thickness Matters – Air filters can range in thickness from 1” to 5” know how wide your filter needs to be.
- MERV Rating – Ratings go from MERV 1 “Okay” to MERV 16 “Best”. A higher MERV rating may cost more, but they last longer too.
- Regular Replacements – Knowing when to replace your filter will protect our heating and cooling equipment. The #1 reason for a furnace, air conditioner or air handler not cooling well is a DIRTY FILTER!
When to replace your filter?
- Disposable Mesh Filters (Merv 1-4) – 1 month or when it looks dirty
- Pleated Filters 1” or 2” (Merv 5-8) – 1-3 months, visually check your filter.
- Pleated Filters 3”, 4” or 5” (Merv 8-16) – 6 month – 1 year, visually check your filter.
Popular Air Quality Products
Spacegard Filters 2200, 2400, & 5000
Healthy Climate Products