After a remarkably cold and stormy winter, spring is about to make an appearance in Peachtree City, and now is the time to schedule your air conditioning tune-up so that it’s ready for the long, hot summer ahead. Annual preventive maintenance will benefit you in several ways:
- Increase efficiency to lower your cooling costs this summer.
- Help prevent costly and inconvenient midsummer breakdowns.
- Decrease your carbon footprint.
- Increase your comfort level.
- Extend the operating life of your air conditioner.
Choose a reputable contractor with certified technicians for your air conditioning tune-up to ensure quality service and expert work. Your technician will conduct a comprehensive inspection and tune-up of your system, including:
- Lubricate the moving interior parts to prevent friction.
- Tighten belts and electrical connections.
- Measure the refrigerant charge and top it off if necessary.
- Clean and inspect essential components for damage.
- Inspect and flush the condensate drain.
- Inspect your coils for dirt and scale buildup to ensure optimum system performance.
- Inspect your ductwork for leaks and obstructions.
- Test the controls of your system to ensure proper cycling.
- Test your thermostat and calibrate it if necessary.
Your professional tune-up is essential for your system’s efficiency and longevity, but it’s not the last word in air conditioner maintenance. Here are several tasks you should perform every month during the summer to keep your system operating efficiently.
- Inspect your air filter and change it out for a clean one when it’s dirty. A dirty filter allows dust inside your system, reduces your indoor air quality and restricts airflow to your system, causing overheating and related damage.
- Hose down your outdoor unit to remove debris from the metal fins, ensuring optimum heat transfer and air flow.
- Clean the exterior of the indoor unit and vacuum the area around it to prevent dust from entering your system.
- Inspect your condensate drain for debris that can cause clogs, which may result in system failure and mold growth.
To schedule your spring air conditioning tune-up before the summer rush, please feel free to contact us at Powers Heating & Air, proudly serving the Peachtree City area.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Peachtree City, Georgia and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Image courtesy of Shutterstock