Poor indoor air quality can pose a number of health risks, including aggravating allergy and asthma symptoms. If you are looking for ways to improve the quality of the air inside your home to minimize these risks, one step you may want to consider is professional duct cleaning.
Over time, certain contaminants can build up inside your home’s ductwork. These contaminants can then be distributed throughout your living spaces when you operate your heating or cooling system. By hiring a professional to clean your ducts, you can remove these contaminants and improve your home’s indoor air quality.
You should consider professional duct cleaning if any of the following conditions are true:
- Mold is growing inside your ducts. When moisture gets trapped inside your ductwork, it can lead to mold problems. Each time your heating or cooling system kicks on, mold spores can then be blown throughout your living space. Duct cleaning can remove mold from your system and eliminate this problem.
- Rodents are living inside your ducts. If animals are living inside your ductwork, contaminants from their droppings are most likely being distributed throughout your home. In this case, duct cleaning is definitely warranted.
- You suffer from allergies, asthma or breathing difficulties. If you or a family member suffers from allergies or asthma, having your ducts cleaned can be an important part of removing allergens from your home.
- Bad odors are coming from your vents. Cleaning your ducts can remove sources of odor from within your heating system, helping to freshen the air inside your home.
- Your ductwork hasn’t been cleaned in a long time. Over time, dust, debris and allergens may build up inside your ductwork. Many homeowners choose to have this build-up removed from their ducts as a part of maintaining their heating and cooling systems.
If you live in the Peachtree City area and have questions about whether or not you should have your ducts cleaned, please contact us at Powers Heating & Air.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about duct cleaning and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Powers Heating & Air serves Peachtree, GA and the surrounding areas. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!