Your home in Peachtree City, Tyrone, Fayetteville, Sharpsburg, Senoia or Newnan is most likely your largest investment, and as such, it is necessary to protect it with consistent upgrading and maintenance. When it comes time to upgrade, repair or service your HVAC system, the job of choosing an HVAC contractor will present itself; here are some great questions to ask a potential hire, to help you find the right one:
- How long have you been in the HVAC business? When choosing an HVAC contractor, look for one that has years of knowledge and experience in the field behind them.
- What is your license number? Ensure that the contractor you’re going to hire has a valid license. You can perform a quick online check once you obtain the number, by visiting the state of Georgia website.
- Do you carry liability and worker’s compensation insurance? An up to date insurance policy protects both parties from damages or injury while the contractor is performing the work.
- Do you have recent, local references? A contractor worth hiring will be able to provide you with several recent references. Take a few minutes to call each to ask some important questions regarding their satisfaction with the work done, whether they are still satisfied today, and if they would rehire the same contractor.
- Can I have a written estimate for replacement equipment? An estimate is only as good as the paper it’s written on. If you get more than one, don’t automatically go for the lowest bid. Other factors such as those listed here should weigh heavily on your decision.
- Does the written estimate detail the work to be performed? Make sure you know what work and the efficiencies of the systems that each estimator proposes.
- What is your warranty? When choosing an HVAC contractor, it’s important to know that he stands behind his work with a comprehensive warranty, covering both parts and labor.
- Do you have a service agreement plan? Once the job is done, your equipment will serve you best if it receives routine maintenance; find out if the contractor has a plan on offer.
When choosing an HVAC contractor, call the experts at Powers Heating & Air. Our highly trained technicians are available to look after the needs of Peachtree City residents all year round, and customer satisfaction is our priority.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about choosing an HVAC contractor and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.