Before the summer cooling season arrives, upgrade to a smart thermostat so you have the ability and knowledge to control your energy usage and hold onto more of your money.
Programmable thermostats appeared a few years as a significantly better option to traditional manual models. The new generation uses smart technology to fuel incredibly useful features that were unimaginable a short time ago. Here are some of the features you can expect to find on smart thermostats:
- Internet and smartphone connectivity – A constant Internet connection is the key to all the new features that help you save. A smart thermostat comes with a web interface and smartphone app which allow you to monitor and control your HVAC system settings from anywhere.
- Maintenance – These thermostats keep track of all the equipment in your system and notify you when it is time for regular maintenance. This keeps your system efficient and helps you avoid costly breakdowns.
- Price monitoring – Not only do they communicate with you, they also track the rates charged by your energy provider and use that information to help you cut back on energy usage during the times of day when it’s most expensive.
- Humidity control – Advanced sensors check your interior air for moisture and utilize the fans and ventilation system to maintain proper levels of humidity. This is especially helpful because you can raise the temperature a few more degrees in the summer and still be comfortable when humidity is controlled.
- Clean air – Similar sensors identify any pollutants in the air and remove unhealthy air, replacing it with fresh air from outside.
Smart thermostats do all of these things for you but, more importantly, they give you the information you need to combat those high energy bills.
For professional advice to ensure you get the best smart thermostat for your needs, contact Powers Heating & Air. We’re available 24/7 to help Peachtree City area homeowners maximize savings this summer and for years to come.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about smart thermostats and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Powers Heating & Air serves Peachtree, GA and the surrounding areas. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!