CO Detector

November 7, 2019

Fall Carbon Monoxide Safety to Be Aware Of

With the approach of cooler weather, it’s time to think about turning on the heating equipment. Unless your house is all electric, you likely have a fuel-burning furnace, wood stove, or fireplace. That means you need to be cognizant of practicing carbon monoxide safety in your home. What Is Carbon Monoxide? Carbon monoxide, or CO, is an odorless, tasteless, and invisible gas that is also poisonous. It is given off as a byproduct of the combustion process, so it needs […]
January 15, 2019

5 Tips for Preventing Gas Leaks

A gas leak can be dangerous, even deadly, to you and your family. If you notice a sulfuric, rotten egg smell in your home, it’s important to get out immediately. But how can you prevent gas leaks from happening in the first place? Here are five preventative measures you can take. 1. Ensure proper installation. Any technician who installs a gas-powered appliance in your home needs to be an accredited Gas Safe Register engineer. They are properly trained and certified […]
November 12, 2015

Don’t Slack on Safety — Check Your Carbon Monoxide Detectors this Fall

If your home doesn’t have a carbon monoxide detector, be sure to install one outside every bedroom door. If your home is already equipped, test each detector monthly and replace batteries twice a year. Carbon monoxide (CO) gas is colorless, odorless and invisible, so it’s virtually impossible for humans to know if there are dangerous levels of the gas in their home. Carbon monoxide detectors test the air inside houses constantly, protecting occupants from CO poisoning. Carbon monoxide gas is […]
April 28, 2015

Easy Ways to Test Carbon Monoxide Detectors in Your Peachtree City Home

When was the last time you tested your carbon monoxide detectors? If you are like many homeowners, the answer may be never. You need to make it a habit to check these detectors regularly. It just may save your life. The Dangers of Carbon Monoxide Carbon monoxide, commonly abbreviated as CO, is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas that is toxic. This gas gets into the home from fuel-burning appliances that aren’t working properly or not vented correctly. When CO levels […]