carbon monoxide

January 15, 2019

5 Tips for Preventing Gas Leaks

A gas leak can be dangerous, even deadly, to you and your family. If you notice a sulfuric, rotten egg smell in your home, it’s important to get out immediately. But how can you prevent gas leaks from happening in the first place? Here are five preventative measures you can take. 1. Ensure proper installation. Any technician who installs a gas-powered appliance in your home needs to be an accredited Gas Safe Register engineer. They are properly trained and certified […]
August 23, 2018

How Carbon Monoxide Detectors Keep Your Family Safe

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have a noticeable odor, and you can’t see this gas, which makes it very dangerous when you have a leak. Having carbon monoxide detectors installed helps ensure that you’ll know right away if you have this gas leaking into your home. Learn more about why these devices are crucial for you and your family’s safety. Carbon Monoxide Dangers Exposure to carbon monoxide can be fatal, so it’s important to know immediately if there’s a leak. This gas […]
January 26, 2017

Here’s Everything You Need to Know About Heat Exchangers

In today’s gas-fired furnaces, heat exchangers are one of the system’s central critical components. A gas burner flame doesn’t directly heat air moving through the furnace. Instead, the burner flame in the combustion chamber heats the heat exchanger, which in turn heats the air circulating through special passages. This not only provides optimum heating performance, it’s a vital safety feature.   Heat exchangers ensure that gases produced in the combustion chamber — including deadly carbon monoxide — are kept out […]
November 8, 2016

How to Check Your Carbon Monoxide Detectors

It can get a bit chilly in the Peachtree City area, which means sooner or later you’ll need to rely on your home’s heating system. But before you crank up the furnace or fireplace, you should make sure your carbon monoxide detectors are working properly.   Colorless, odorless and tasteless, carbon monoxide (CO) is a poisonous gas that’s a common byproduct of gas-powered furnaces, ranges and water heaters, as well as wood stoves and fireplaces. Lax maintenance or malfunction, combined […]