CO detector

November 12, 2015

Don’t Slack on Safety — Check Your Carbon Monoxide Detectors this Fall

If your home doesn’t have a carbon monoxide detector, be sure to install one outside every bedroom door. If your home is already equipped, test each detector monthly and replace batteries twice a year. Carbon monoxide (CO) gas is colorless, odorless and invisible, so it’s virtually impossible for humans to know if there are dangerous levels of the gas in their home. Carbon monoxide detectors test the air inside houses constantly, protecting occupants from CO poisoning. Carbon monoxide gas is […]
April 28, 2015

Easy Ways to Test Carbon Monoxide Detectors in Your Peachtree City Home

When was the last time you tested your carbon monoxide detectors? If you are like many homeowners, the answer may be never. You need to make it a habit to check these detectors regularly. It just may save your life. The Dangers of Carbon Monoxide Carbon monoxide, commonly abbreviated as CO, is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas that is toxic. This gas gets into the home from fuel-burning appliances that aren’t working properly or not vented correctly. When CO levels […]
June 5, 2014

Protect Your Family – Service Your CO Detector this Summer

Provided your home’s well ventilated and your appliances are in good condition, you may never hear a sound from your CO detector. Inconspicuous as the device may be, though, it still requires regular care to protect your family from potentially fatal carbon monoxide exposure. Summer CO Risks Carbon monoxide (CO) is undetectable by sight or smell, but when inhaled it causes symptoms ranging from headache and nausea to unconsciousness and eventual death. Summer in Peachtree City often means the use […]
March 13, 2014

How to Protect Your Family from CO Poisoning

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible killer. You can’t smell it, see it, or taste it. It’s a poisonous gas that comes from combustion sources such as car engines, gas generators, furnaces, grills, fireplaces, wood stoves, and gas or kerosene space heaters. Every year, carbon monoxide accidentally kills about 150 people in the United States. Many more people suffer CO poisoning due to faulty furnaces and appliances. Symptoms of CO poisoning include headaches, nausea, difficulty breathing, dizziness, drowsiness and becoming light-headed. […]