home safety

December 11, 2012

Your Carbon Monoxide Detectors And Smoke Alarms: Are Your Security Watchdogs On The Prowl Or Sleeping?

Although homeowners in Peachtree City, Fayetteville, Tyrone, Newnan, Sharpsburg or Senoiam, Georgia don’t experience the kind of winter blizzards that other people in the country do, it can still get pretty cold, especially during the winter nights. Like many of your fellow neighbors, you’ll be putting your heating system to good use. Therefore, it’s important that you make sure that your carbon monoxide detectors and smoke alarms are installed correctly and working properly, to prevent a tragedy. Why do you need […]
March 26, 2013

Improve Home Safety: 3 Ways

Home safety is more important than ever these days, as residences are filled with equipment that, if not properly cared for and controlled, can be dangerous to you and your family members. There are three main categories of hazards that we need to be on the lookout for:   Electrical hazards. Overloading outlets is a prime cause of electrical accidents in the home, as are exposed wiring and outlets. If any of your appliances are shorting out, overheating, sparking or smoking, […]
October 4, 2013

Carbon Monoxide Detectors — Important Protection From Silent, Deadly Gases

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless poisonous gas that is impossible to detect without mechanical assistance. It is extremely dangerous to humans and can prove fatal or cause serious injury. Fortunately, it can be detected with carbon monoxide detectors. In recent years, CO detectors have become as mandatory for proper home safety as smoke detectors. Though CO detectors are effective, precautions should be taken to avoid CO from being released into your living spaces in the first place. CO is formed […]
April 28, 2015

Easy Ways to Test Carbon Monoxide Detectors in Your Peachtree City Home

When was the last time you tested your carbon monoxide detectors? If you are like many homeowners, the answer may be never. You need to make it a habit to check these detectors regularly. It just may save your life. The Dangers of Carbon Monoxide Carbon monoxide, commonly abbreviated as CO, is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas that is toxic. This gas gets into the home from fuel-burning appliances that aren’t working properly or not vented correctly. When CO levels […]